Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Been Awhile






So Meredith is almost 8 months old and I have to say this has been the best time of my life. I love being a mom, and a wife. It's also so great that I get to spend time with Meredith at home. I teach dance one night a week and Sean watches Meredith. He comes with me there, mostly because I need to ride in the HOV lane to get there on time, but it's nice that Meredith and Sean are there with me. They just play while I teach for an hour and half and then we grab dinner and head home. Meredith and I are taking a couple classes together too. On Tuesdays we go to Nurturing Pathways which is a music, movement, massage class for mommy and babies. It is so much fun and one of the moms lives near us so I think I found a new playmate for Meredith, Yippee!!! On Fridays we do Water Babies. Meredith floats on her back and tummy, she also goes under water. I really like the class but it is a little bit expensive so I don't know if we will do it again. On Thursdays we like to go to the movies at Lincoln tower in Bellevue. They do Mommy and me movie showings. This has been a life saver because I don't think I would have seen New Moon or The Lovely Bones otherwise. I can't believe how big Meredith has gotten but she is still itty bitty for her age. She weighs no more the 16 lbs and is 28 in long. She is such a cuddle monkey too. She loves to hug Sean and I and she reaches for us if someone else is holding her. She is such a talker and says mama and dada sometimes, although I don't think she associates them with us yet. She is also a good eater, sometimes.. She like pears, apples, bananas, prunes, sweet potatoes, carrotes, squash and chicken. We are trying to expand to Mangos, apricots, spinach and others. I still can't get her to like peas, I keep trying though. I think she might crawl soon, she is on here knees and rocking. It is super cute. Right now my goal is to find a good convertible care seat for Meredith. I really like the Britax Advocate Click and Safe but it is super expensive, but I think it's worth it. Any suggestions on a good car seat please let me know. There are some products that have been wonderful for the past eight months here are my favorites.

Swaddlers (Meredith would only sleep in these for 6months now she sleeps in sleep sacks)

A heart beat or sound soother ( We still use this)
Sophie the Giraffe

Taggies

Born Free Sippy Cups (she will not take a bottle but she will take this sippy cup, good for Sundays that I sing at church)

Ergo Baby Carrier

Bumbo Seat
My Brest Friend ( this is the best nursing pillow EVER!!!!!! way better then the boppy. If you are nursing please try this pillow and tell your friends about it. It straps around you so that there is no space between your belly and the pillow, which I had problems with when it came to the boppy. Also, Meredith sometimes likes me to stand and sway while I nurse her and this super dupper helps with that, it take some of the weight off of my arms. TRY IT it is AWSOME!)


I'm sure there are other things but I can't think of them now. I just wish I knew all these things back before Meredith was born so that I could have used all this stuff right away. But I guess every mom has preferences and goes through the same thing right? I'm sure everything will change when I have another baby, I wonder when that will be? Well all for now hopefully it won't be another 6 months before I update again. I promise I'll try. Here are some fun pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment