Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Meredith


Okay Okay, I know that it has been forever since I updated the blog. Ever since Meredith has been born I get like 30 min a day where I can veg out and I don't feel like bloging. Being a mom is the best thing ever. Meredith is the best baby in the world and it is so much fun spending all day with her. I feel like the luckiest person in the world. I guess I will start from the beginning.

Meredith was born on July 16th. A week late. On Wed the 15th I went to the doctor for my week late check up and I was so ready to have my baby. I begged the dr. to let me stay at the hospital but she said no and scheduled me for induction the next morning. I would have to arrive at 4:00am in the morning to start the induction. The doctor gave me something to help my induction along that day, it's called a "balloon" I guess, which is soppose to fall out after I am 4 cm along. Well on the way home I started have contractions but they weren't steady so I just wrote it off as false labor. Okay well, I got home ate dinner and was still having contractions so I got in the shower and they were five min apart and a min long so i called the hospital. Since the "balloon" thingy had fallen out the nurse said that I probably wasn't 4cm dialated and should stay home. The contractions kept getting more intense and and at 2:00 in the morning they were unbareable. I call the hospital again and they said that since the balloon hadn't fallen out not to come in but my contractions were 90 sec long and super close together. I got in a bath and was just feeling awful and physically sick. Finally 3:30 rolls around and we call in to make sure i can come in for my induction. Still having contractions by the way. Sean helps me get dressed and we finally get out of the house. That was hard. Well anyways, when we get to the hospital I find out that I cam 7 cm dialated and that the 'balloon' didn't fall out because it was stuck. Great huh. Well everything is really rushed after that. I don't even get to sign any consent forms or anything. I get my IV, I get an epidural, my water breaks, and it's time to push. Well five hours after getting to the hospital Meredith is born. She was 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. When Meredith came out we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl, and Sean yelled out "It's a Girl". I just started balling. She was so perfect and healthy. It was the best moment in the whole world. Sean was such a great coach. He was so supportive, especcially since I labored so much at home.

Coming home with Meredith and Sean was so wonderful. Sean stayed home with us for a week and then went back to work. I was really scared to be by myself but we worked it out. Meredith and I are finally in a routine. We go for two walks a day. We listen to music and sing. We dance. It is so much fun. She is even a good sleeper. I nurse her before we go to bed and she wakes up about four hours later. I nurse her every two to three hours after that. She is has so much personality. She is even starting to smile. I can't wait for her to learn more. Well that all for now. Meredith is awake and I need to comfort her. Sorry for the delay in the entry.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!!! She is so cute!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete