Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Time Here We Come! It's almost baby time.

Happy April! I am so happy that spring is on it's way, even though the weather isn't really agreeing with the season. Today it snowed, but melted very quickly and now it's sunny and beautiful outside. The baby is doing so well. The baby is very active and kicking like crazy. Now since the baby is bigger Sean can see the baby kick and it is so cool. Sometimes we have belly watches, where we just watch to see if the baby is moving. Usually the baby is shy and doesn't like to move when we watch. Also the baby doesn't like to move when my belly is bare, probably because it's cold or the light is getting in. I love to just sit or lie down and do nothing but feel the baby move. Baby really likes to lie on my right side and snuggle down. The pregnancy has been so easy so far, and hopefully I"m not speaking too soon. As the days go on it just gets harder to find comfortable positions to lie in. I just feel so blessed by this pregnancy and this little baby. I can't believe how much I love this little baby, and we haven't even met yet. This baby will be so loved. We've already recieved so many wonderful gifts, even from people I barely know. Some of my little dancers that I teach bought me some cute gifts and a girl from the high school I student teach at gave me a baby present as well. A few weeks ago my mom, Sean and I were out at Fred Meyer and we couldn't resist buying a bunch of cute baby clothes and blankets. They're all so tiny and cute, I can't wait to use them.Last weekend Sean and I bought the car seat and a snap and go stroller for the baby. The snap and go is a frame for the car seat. It is so light weight and really easy to use. We also want to get a jogging stroller for walks around the neighborhood and what not. The snap and go is for quick trips to the mall or going to church. The car seat has such soft fabric and we love the multi directional handle. It's super easy to use.
Sean and I are so pleased with how the nursey is coming along. The furniture that my mother and father and grandparent bought us is so beautiful and sturdy. We are so lucky that we got the crib we did, now that they have deemed the cribs with the moveable rail in the front unsafe for babies. My sister was so generous to let us use her glider rocking chair from her babies. It's really comfortable and I'm sure I'll get tons of use out of it. All we have to do now is hang the pictures on the wall. As soon as the baby is born and we know if the baby is a boy or a girl I want to have the baby's name in letters on the wall.



On a non-baby note Sean and I are dealing with car shopping right now. NOT FUN AT ALL. I know the salesmen mean well but it is very frustrating. We try to be very upfront with the salesmen about what we can afford but it doesn't seem to help. Hopefully this weekend we can walk away with a car we really like. I want Sean to be happy, since it will be his car. We want the car to have all the safety features and of course power locks and windows. That can't be too hard right? Well, we will have to see. If we do buy a new car I will be sure to post it. The Explorer has been a great car and Sean and I are actually sad to see it go. Sean has even joked about making a video montage about the car. Sean and I have been together so long, and I feel like we have so many memories that are paired with that car. Even though the transmission is dieing it would make me so happy if someone could fix it and enjoy the car. Maybe... It will be nice to have a nice new car for the baby. Well thats all for now. We have another doctors apt. on Friday April 10th and then our 32 week ultrasound May 11th, the day after mother's day. What a good mothers day gift.

1 comment:

  1. your nursery is looking great! Is it going to be yellow? We did ours in green and yellow :) It's funny b/c I think we were car shopping when I was about 28 weeks also, and I agree it is not fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete